MelissaAndDoug.com- Over 2,000 Unique and Exciting Toys for Children of All Ages! Click here!

A new fan... with a bit of electric SHOCK..!!


Continuation to my last post... i've successfully installed a new ceiling fan.. not to brag a bout it, but honestly i take this as a personal achievement. I never done this before.. what more dealing with live electric wires. Bzzzttttttttttttt... freaky...

It is not that hard actually, you just need some concentration and patience. The manual is very comprehensive and detailed. The fan is from KDK. One good thing i notice about this brand (not sure about others), it has a safety line/wire locked to the ceiling hook. In the event of the fan disconnected from the hook, the safety line will still hold it preventing the fan from directly falling below (like what happen to us before..!!).


I was stung by a 'light/soft' electric shock while installing the fan, kebas la lengan skit.. At first i thought by switching off the fan switch, electric flow to the fan will be disconnected (my wife konfiden je kata betul), it was a bad judgement. The wiring connects the lights and fan in one cabling. If the lights are on (fan is off), the wire is still LIVE!!..  fearing the worst that could happen, i decided to disabled all the fuses at the main switch. Keja dalam kepanasan la sekejap. It was a smooth sailing after that.

I'm proud of myself.. I might install the fans for my new house myself.. haha.. kalau rajin la kan...

Nak cari fan lebih kurang macam ni..


Keringla poket nanti.. Adeih...


Related Posts with Thumbnails
Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
Daisypath Anniversary tickers